Tuesday 12 August 2014

About shoes

Here a short story about my shoes.....I have these really really nice Iowa walking boots, about 8 years old, but hey...I live in the Netherlands, so not much used at all.....
So on my second trip, I saw that from both shoes the front border of the sole was getting a bit loose.... As I am the most prepared Jojanneke ever,  i brought some super glue :) So at night I thought to repair my shoes.... as it was a diffilcult bit to hold, I put my hand on the inside of the shoe towards the nose to give some compression from the inside....but apperently I got a tiny little bit of superglue on my indexfinger.... so NO way i could get my finger out, it got superglued to the inside of my shoe, which was not reachable at all!!! My first call for help was for Chris, the plastic surgeon on our trip.... I thought at least he could cut me out in a rather nice way ;) Fortunately he was not there, so I asked Tjilpie, the guide.... Apperently you need nailpolish remover....  we were with 15 girls, so we had enough of that!  it took a full bottle of nailpolish remover, but then my finger finally let go :) And when the alcohol was evaporated, my shoe actually really smelled nice...
I had to take all the jokes for granted, but at least I got repaired shoes and my fingers back :)

The following day we had our next hike, but unfortunately withing the 2 hour hike, both of my sole completely detached...apparently superglue is better for fingers than for shoes.... So I had to hike on walkingboots without soles, a rather new experience :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment