Saturday 16 August 2014

Broome


On sunday we arrived in Broome, the first place with a Mac Donalds since we left Perth..... In total Broome has 15.000 inhibitants and a beautiful beach..this week it is very bussy as the cup in horse racing is this Saturday. 
I was quite happy to finally unpack my suitcase for a bit, not going anywhere for the next ten days.... put all my stuff in the cupboard, made my bed.....After unpacking we went to the beach to watch a super pretty sunset, followed by real thai food :)

 When I came back, I found a girl in my bed..... she was tiny and Japanese, but nevertheless...the beds weren't that big ;) So they made a mistake and put seven girls in a room for six.... so I had to move for the night, to come back the following day :(  
At least I could experience the feeling of unpacking again :) The following day was quite relaxed in town, with the highlight in the evening: the staircase to the moon! This event happens less than once a month with full moon...because there is a lot of still water here, the reflexion of the moon create stairs in the water. Soooooo pretty!!!! There was a market with the event, where they sold all kinds of art and nice food . A band played didgeredoo music to make the experience compleet....



When I came in the hostel, my bed was taken again! So I had to move again, but I bargained myself a free icecream per day for the rest of my 10 day stay :) Which I really enjoy every day :)


 The following morning we went camel riding on the beach...that is THE Broome thing to do. And it was actually quite nice, 8.00, no one else on the beach just you and the slow moving camels....

At night we ate at the brewery, where you could taste different kinds of bears and ciders in 99 cc cups... I tried 6 but my heart was stolen by the mango apple cider with a hint of chili and lime :)

On Wednesdaymorning the rest of my tourgroup went of to Darwin, while I was satying for another week to catch the same tour a week later with Hanneke. It was sad to leave the group, as it had a really good vibe...there were quite a few people of my age, which is rare on this kind of tours.... but it was nice to have some more time to relax :). I visited the pearl farm, went kayacking at sunset, but also read a lot of books...

No comments:

Post a Comment