Tuesday 12 August 2014

karijini

The next three days we spent at Karanjini national parc. This was definately the highlight of our trip! This is a swim paradise made by nature, with different gorges and little swimiingpools everywhere....ok...they could be made a little warmer ;) 
All pictures are from Hammersley gorge. As I cannot connect my camera to my Ipad, I sometimes bring my ipad on my walks to have some picture for my blog..... but the otherones you will see when back :)


The first day we arrived quite late so went only for a small walk in Joffrie gorge. According to our guide it would be a simple stroll that could be done on any type of shoes but flipflops.....how glad I was I wore my walking boots.....the steep rocky descent down ino the gorge was beautiful and manageble, but the walk down the gorge went along overhanging rocks.... how glad I was I did the rockclimbing in hte hall the day in Perth as it made me definately more confident. We arrived at a beautiful little lake, but only few of us were brave enough to swin in the ice cold water. We went the same way back, just to be in time for sunset. After nice couscous and frech fish from exmouth market that morning we fell asleep in our swags. A swag is an outside sleepingbag, which is made of tentcanvas and a bit of air to sleep on. We had two sleepingbags, and I wore termal underware and 2 fleeces....which was just enough to keep me warm under the stars





The second day we drove to Dales gorge, another beautiful hike in a gorge.  It brought us past al kinds of water and waterfalls in all different kinds of colours and reminded me of Pitvice in Croatia, one of my favourite places, but without the many tourists. We pst many different kinds of trees, figtrees in which you could climb and play, untill we came at one of the most beautiful lakes. Here we all went to swim, still a bit cold but it was a nice and sunny day. We washed ourselves in the waterfalls as the dusty red sand of the ground here is everywhere! After a visit to the visitor centre, which told us the story of the aboriginals, we went back for a well deserved icecream in the sun. The days here are around 28 degrees, while the nights are still only a few degrees above zero, although the second night was already warmer.

The third day in Kimberley was my favourite day of the entire trip. We started in Hammersley Gorge, one of the Gorge even our guide had never been too. This was the most beautiful Gorge of the ones so far....


We hiked along the water that changed colour all the time, untill we reached our own little swimming paradise: a small pool in which we just all fitted together, connected with a natural slide of stone to a bigger swimming pool. 



Our own swimming pool :)

In the afternoon we had the most fun walk in Hancock Gorge. We had to walk and swim through ice and ice cold water along the way. Part of it went through the spider walk: so narrow that you had to put your feet on either side of the rock to get through. To get to the end bit of the walk you had to swim through the coldest water so far, although if we had to believe our guide it already warmed up quite a lot over the last week....I still thought it was pretty cold, and am quite proud of myself I did it all without any complaints :)

Out whirlpool with slide :)

It was sad it was laready our final day in this beautiful area..... the following day we just had a long driving day to Pardoo cattle station.... the good thing about it: it had really nice and warm showers :) We had a BBQ, homemade cake to say thank you to our amazing guide Tjilpie, and a real campfire :)
The following day we drove to Broome, the end of our first tour. We made a short stop at the 80-mile beach, with really beautiful shells there :) In Broome I will stay for 10 days, while Hanneke will join me later this week :) After a few trips here we will head towards Darwin throught the Kimberley national parc, which is supposed to be really beautiful too. But I will have 10 days of access to the world :) so more stories to follow. It will be a bit lonely without my fellow tour people, so any stories from the other side of the world are welcome :)






No comments:

Post a Comment